I entered a contest I found on another lunch blogger's site. Family Fresh Cooking is having a 30 Day challenge...called Project Lunch Box. Here is the pledge I took:
Together let’s Take a Pledge to get it right…..
- I understand that I can help decide what my family eats. #projectlunchbox reinforces that decision.
- Made a decision to provide meals with Real Whole Food ingredients as often as possible
- My goal is to provide nourishing meals for my family, even when they are away from home. (work, school, camp, etc.)
- I will include healthy snacks to keep nourished & strong throughout the day
- I will use re-usable containers and lunch boxes to reduce waste and care for the environment.
- I will spread the word with our school, friends and loved ones about Project Lunch Box.
- I will encourage positive, mindful food behaviors including portion control & taking the time to sit and enjoy a meal.
- One box. One Meal at a Time. Each day provides a new window of opportunity to get it right.
- Even if I do not pack lunches for kids I support the mission to feed healthy food to those I care for.
- Please join us to help promote the Lunch Box Project by tweeting with the hashtag #projectlunchbox and becoming a fan on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates.
I am preparing lunches for a picky toddler. This bento lunch is heart themed.....There is beef bologna and cheese shaped as hearts, strawberries, Eat Smart Popcorn, and Craisins.